Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Andy Anderson !
I say: It’s right there in front of you.
He says: Not that stuff, I want the round kind, that comes out the can… Well, that’s weird Uncle James.
This is actually simple recipe, but it produces wonderful flavor in a cranberry sauce. You can make it a day or two before the big event, and then cover, and keep in the refrigerator.
As a matter of fact, making it a day ahead, will help the flavors blend together.
So, you ready… Let’s make cranberry sauce.
- 1 lb
- fresh cranberries, rinsed and picked over
- 3/4 c
- sugar, granulated version
- 1 medium
- orange… the juice, and reserve one half of the squeezed orange
- cinnamon stick
- cloves, or 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp
- ground ginger
- 1/4 c
- cabernet sauvignon, or similar red wine
How to Make Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 2Bring up to a boil, and then reduce and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir and slightly smash the cranberries against the side of the pan with a wooden spoon for the remainder of the 20 minutes.
- 5Set aside and allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
- 6Remove the cloves (if using), the cinnamon stick, and the 1/2 orange.
- 7Place in a bowl, or holiday mold, allow to completely cool, and then cover, and place into the refrigerator until needed.