Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Andy Anderson !
I say: It’s right there in front of you.
He says: Not that stuff, I want the round kind, that comes out the can… Well, that’s weird Uncle James.
This is actually simple recipe, but it produces wonderful flavor in a cranberry sauce. You can make it a day or two before the big event, and then cover, and keep in the refrigerator.
As a matter of fact, making it a day ahead, will help the flavors blend together.
So, you ready… Let’s make cranberry sauce.
1 lbfresh cranberries, rinsed and picked over
3/4 csugar, granulated version
1 mediumorange… the juice, and reserve one half of the squeezed orange
2cloves, or 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
1/2 tspground ginger
1/4 ccabernet sauvignon, or similar red wine
How to Make Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Bring up to a boil, and then reduce and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir and slightly smash the cranberries against the side of the pan with a wooden spoon for the remainder of the 20 minutes.
- Set aside and allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the cloves (if using), the cinnamon stick, and the 1/2 orange.
- Place in a bowl, or holiday mold, allow to completely cool, and then cover, and place into the refrigerator until needed.