5 lbgreen bananas
2 lbchicken gizzards
2 largespanish onions
1head of garlic
1/2 lbblack olives
1/2 colive oil and vinegar salad dressing
·salt (to taste)
·pepper (to taste)
How to Make Guineos En Escabeche
- Boil the bananas in salt water until cooked, About 20 minutes.
- Boil the chicken gizzards in salt water
- Add 1 chicken boullion,onion powder,and garlic powder (1 spoon of each)until chicken is very tender about 2 hours.
- Drain the chicken gizzards an cut into small pieces.
- Cut onions into thin slices.
- Take garlic and puree in food chopped.
- Add oil and vinegar salad dressing.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut bananas into 1/2 inch pieces (straight circles).
- Add bananas,chicken gizzards,garlic,olive,onions and olive oil,mix well.
- Place in oven 25 or 30 minutes at 300F.
- Remove and serve warm,this dish can be served with rice and beans,meat or by itself or salads.