Fried Green Tomatoes
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 large
- firm green tomatoes, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 c
- finely ground cornmeal
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Fried Green Tomatoes
- 1Sprinkle the tomato slices with the salt & pepper; set aside.
- 2Combine the cornmeal & paprika in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- 3Cover the bottom of a heavy skillet with 1/2-inch of oil, then place it over a medium-high heat on stove.
- 4Coat the tomato slices in the egg, then dredge them in the cornmeal mixture.
- 5Fry as many tomatoes as fit comfortably in the pan until nicely browned, about 2 minutes on each side.
- 6Transfer them to a paper towel-lined platter and repeat until all the tomatoes are cooked.