Fried Green Tomatoes
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 largefirm green tomatoes, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
1 cfinely ground cornmeal
·kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Fried Green Tomatoes
- Sprinkle the tomato slices with the salt & pepper; set aside.
- Combine the cornmeal & paprika in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- Cover the bottom of a heavy skillet with 1/2-inch of oil, then place it over a medium-high heat on stove.
- Coat the tomato slices in the egg, then dredge them in the cornmeal mixture.
- Fry as many tomatoes as fit comfortably in the pan until nicely browned, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer them to a paper towel-lined platter and repeat until all the tomatoes are cooked.