1 cplain bread crumbs (cornbread or jalapeno cornbread can be used)
1 can(s)stewed tomatoes
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
1/2 cdiced bell pepper
1/2 cdiced onion
1 tspminced garlic
8 ozcheddar cheese, shredded
·salt and pepper (to taste)
How to Make Eggplant Casserole
- In a saucepan add the cream of chicken soup (follow instructions on can),bell pepper & onion, the tomatoes and warm on medium heat.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Peel and dice the eggplant. Place the diced eggplant in the boiling water and cook for 15 minutes or until tender and slightly translucent. Drain.
- In a large bowl add the eggplant, the soup mixture and the bread crumbs.
- Whip the eggs in a cup and add it to the mixture.
- Add the garlic.
- Add 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Spray Pam in a baking dish and add the mixture.
- Top with shredded cheddar and bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 350.
- Cool FOR A FEW MINUTES and serve