DELISH KEBOBS (SALLYE)
1/8 clime juice
1/4 colive oil
1/4 cteriyaki sauce
1/2 cpineapple juice (saved from can of pineapple)
1 Tbspgarlic powder or granules
1 pinchground ginger
1 mediumgreen bell pepper
1 mediumred bell pepper
1 mediumonion (i used red)
10-16 ozcherry tomatoes
8-10 ozbaby bella or button mushrooms
1 can(s)(20 ounce) pineapple chunks
1 mediumzucchini squash
1 mediumyellow crookneck squash
20bamboo skewers soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
1 largebaking pan (mine is 15 x 20)
1 largerectangular bowl
How to Make DELISH KEBOBS (SALLYE)
- PREPARE MARINADE:
Whisk lime juice, teriyaki sauce, olive oil, pineapple juice, garlic powder and ginger together briskly until fuzed. Pour into large rectangular bowl, set aside.
- PREPPING INGREDIENTS:
NOTE: PLACE EACH ITEM IN MARINADE MIX AS YOU GO.
1. Drain pineapple can, reserving 1/2 cup of juice for marinade.
2. Cut peppers in half, remove cores, seeds and membranes. Cut into large chunks.
3. Peel and quarter onion, then cut quarters into large chunks.
4. Wash tomatoes and place in marinade mix.
5. Cut mango off core, cut into large chunks.
6. Wipe mushrooms with damp paper towel.
7. Cut both squashes into chunks.
- Stir gently with wooden spoon to make sure all items are covered by marinade. Add a little more teriyaki sauce and a tablespoon of water if needed.
Place bowl in fridge and let marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- ASSEMBLING THE KEBOBS:
1. Preheat oven to 400º
2. Line baking pan with parchment paper (optional) and set within easy reach.
2. Remove bamboo skewers from water and lay out on paper towel.
3. Use 2 bamboo skewers for each kebab, and thread skewers through each item about 1/4" apart. This will enable you to more easily turn them.
- 1. Using tongs, remove items from marinade individually and thread onto the skewers, alternating the ingredients as you wish.
2. As you fill up one pair of skewers, lay that one onto the baking pan.
This recipes makes about ten individual kebobs.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 15-30 minutes until vegetables are tender, but still firm. Check after 15 minutes, then every 5 minutes thereafter. Do not overcook.
You can turn them half-way through the baking process if desired, but it is not necessary.
- Great served as a main dish, or as a side with grilled fish or steak.
If you serve as a main dish,plan for 2 kebobs for each person.
- You can vary the veggies and fruits to suit your individual taste.