Dad's Favorite Green Bean Casserole
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lg can(s)cream of mushroom soup (26 oz)
1 Tbspsoy sauce
2 lbfrozen green beans, thawed
3 cfrench fried onions
How to Make Dad's Favorite Green Bean Casserole
- In a large mixing bowl combine the soup, milk, soy sauce, and pepper with a whisk, until smooth.
- Stir in half the french fried onions and the thawed green beans until everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 3 qt. casserole dish, that has been prepared with food release spray.
- Bake covered at 350* for 30 minutes.
Remove cover, stir the casserole. Return to the oven and continue baking, uncovered, another 30 minutes, or so, until the casserole is bubbling in the middle.
- Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake 10 more minutes, until onions are browned.
- NOTES: You can use cut or french style green beans. My husband likes more bite, so I use cut.
Sometimes I use the cheesy french fried onions to stir in, then garnish with the original flavor.
For extra color and flavor, stir pimientos into the green bean mixture before baking. This is also a great way to brighten up leftovers.
With leftovers, reheat with mushrooms and cooked wild rice for a delicious meat-free meal.
*We're dairy intolerant, so I substitute an equal amount of rice or soy milk