☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 7 c
- cucumber, sliced thinly (usually 3-4 cucumbers)
- onion, sliced thinly
- bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- celery seed
- 2 c
- 1 c
- apple cider vinegar
How to Make Cucumber Salad
- 1Add sliced cucumbers to a large bowl, stir in salt. Set aside while cleaning and cutting pepper and onion. Letting them sit will bring out juice that will add to the marinade.
- 2Add sliced peppers and onions to the cucumber mixture. Using clean hands, incorporate ingredients well.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix sugar, celery seed, & apple cider vinegar. Stir until sugar is mostly dissolved. It will be thick.
- 4Pour sugar mixture over the cucumber mixture. Combine well.
- 5Refrigerate overnight or at least six hours prior to serving. The salad is complete when the liquid rises to the top of the bowl.
- 6Tip: Taste one slice from each cucumber to ensure they're not sour. One sour cucumber can ruin the whole salad!