6 mediumsweet potatoes
1/4 colive oil
2 Tbspcoarse sea salt
4 Tbspbrown sugar
4 Tbspbutter, room temperature
1/4 cevaporated milk or half and half
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Crispy Caramelized Salted Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes.
- Line a 9 x 13 baking sheet with foil. Place sweet potato cubes on pan. Pour olive over potatoes and mix covering all cubes.
- Sprinkle seat salt on potato cubes. Bake in oven for about 10 minutes until potatoes are still firm but can be pierced with a fork.
- While potatoes are baking, combine brown sugar and butter. Allow to begin to melt together. Then add evaporated milk or half and half. Let mixture come to a soft boil until it forms a thick caramel sauce. Remove from heat, add vanilla.
- Once potatoes have baked and sauce is done, pour over potatoes on baking sheet. Stir to cover all potato cubes. Put back in oven.
- Allow to bake about 5 minutes or so until a crispy crust begins to form on potatoes, You may even want to put under the broiler for a crispier crust.