Creamy Cheesy Spinach! Low Fat!!!
1 lbfresh baby spinach, can use frozen
4 ozfat-free cream cheese
·seasoning salt, pepper to taste
1/2 cparmesan cheese, more if you like it really cheesy!
2-3 Tbspolive oil
·mushrooms, ham, bacon crumbles or walnuts optional
How to Make Creamy Cheesy Spinach! Low Fat!!!
- Slice the onion, finely. In a separate bowl, cut the spinach with scissors. Prep any other vegetables.
- In a large frying pan, cook the onions in 1 tbsp of olive oil until tender. Season while cooking. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook the spinach in olive oil and seasonings to desired tenderness. If you love garlic, you can add a little finely chopped here.
- Add the onions back into the pan with the cream cheese and spinach. Once it is melted add the Parmesan cheese.
- Add any other ingredients such as ham, bacon crumbles, cooked mushrooms, or finely chopped nuts.