- 3 qt
- 1 tsp
- 1 pkg
- (12 ounces) frozen home-style egg noodles
- eggs, separated
- 1/2 c
- plus 2 tablespoons, butter, melted, divided
- 2 Tbsp
- container (16 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 c
- sliced carrots, cooked and drained
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1/2 c
- dry bread crumbs
How to Make Creamy Carrot and Noodle Delight
- 1In a Dutch oven, bring water and salt to a boil. Add noodles; cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until foamy.
Add 1/2 cup butter and sugar; mix well.
Fold in cottage cheese, carrots, sour cream and noodles.
- 3In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, fold into noodle mixture.
- 4Place in a greased 2-quart casserole.
Combine bread crumbs and remaining butter. Sprinkle over top.
- 5Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until hot.