CREAMY BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH PEPPERED BACON
Recipe & photo: Family Circle Hometown Favorites
- 4 slice
- peppered bacon
- 2 lb
- brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved through stem end
- 3/4 c
- chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 c
- whipping cream
- cracked black pepper
How to Make CREAMY BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH PEPPERED BACON
- 1In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until browned and crisp. Drain, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in skillet.
- 2Add Brussels sprouts to drippings in skillet. Cook over medium heat 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Uncover; cook 2 to 4 minutes more or until liquid is almost evaporated. Add cream. Cook 4 minutes more or until thickened.
- 3Transfer sprouts to serving dish. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and cracked pepper.