Cream Style Sweet Corn W/ Fresh Chive & Carrots
Rose Mary Mogan
I really wanted some Fried Corn as many Southerners call it or Cream Style Corn as my husband calls it. The three ears just wasn't enough so I decided to add some coarsely grated carrots, and some Fresh Chopped chive from the garden, & when combined with the milk and other ingredients it made enough to serve at least 4.
It was so good, I am very happy to share the recipe with you. There was none left after dinner.
- 3 large
- ears fresh sweet corn
- 2 c
- coarsley grated carrots
- 1/3 c
- fresh chive chopped
- 2 pkg
- no calorie sweetner or 1 tbs. sugar
- 1 1/2 c
- fat free milk
- 2 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 2 Tbsp
- can't beleive it is not butter or cooking oil
- salt & pepper to taste ( i used steak seasoning 1/2 tsp)
How to Make Cream Style Sweet Corn W/ Fresh Chive & Carrots
- 1My husband loved this so much, he had some before it was completely cooked. I hope you like this as much as we did. It was really great, & I created a new recipe in the process.
- 6In a large Measuring cup add the milk and corn starch & stir until the corn starch dissolves into the milk. Then pour the milk mixture into the bowl of corn mixture.
- 8When the oil or butter has heated over medium low heat, pour In the corn mixture, and immediately begin to stir. Stir on a regular basis or mixture will stick to bottom of skillet. If need be add a bit of water, I had to add an additional 1/2 cup or so of water after corn started to cook and mixture thickened. Allow to cook 15 to 20 minutes, Remove from heat and serve immediately.