Mary Ann Hanson
- 1 can(s)
- cream style corn
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- 2 pkg
- 6 oz, buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 c
- whole kernel corn, home frozen or commercial
- 2 Tbsp
- water (if needed)
- canola oil or your favorite for deep frying, a good two inches
How to Make Corn Fritters
- 1Heat canola oil or other oil in fryer or deep pan. Mix ingredients for fritters.
- 2Beat egg. Add can of creamed corn.
- 3Stir in two packages of pancake mix.
- 4Add cup of whole kernel corn and mix. If mixture is dry, add a little of the water. Mixture should be very thick.
- 5I use a frier so I do not know how hot the oil is. Drop in a chunk of bread and see if it just fries gently. If so the oil should be good.
- 6Drop teaspoons of the corn batter into the oil and fry for about five minutes watching and turning over halfway through.
- 8Serve with honey or maple syrup. I serve with local made sausages and eggs for a delicious breakfast or supper.