Mary Ann Hanson
1 can(s)cream style corn
1 largeegg, beaten
2 pkg6 oz, buttermilk pancake mix
1 cwhole kernel corn, home frozen or commercial
2 Tbspwater (if needed)
·canola oil or your favorite for deep frying, a good two inches
How to Make Corn Fritters
- Heat canola oil or other oil in fryer or deep pan. Mix ingredients for fritters.
- Beat egg. Add can of creamed corn.
- Stir in two packages of pancake mix.
- Add cup of whole kernel corn and mix. If mixture is dry, add a little of the water. Mixture should be very thick.
- I use a frier so I do not know how hot the oil is. Drop in a chunk of bread and see if it just fries gently. If so the oil should be good.
- Drop teaspoons of the corn batter into the oil and fry for about five minutes watching and turning over halfway through.
- Serve with honey or maple syrup. I serve with local made sausages and eggs for a delicious breakfast or supper.