Cold Oriental noodle Salad pancit canton
- 1 lb
- pancit canton noodles (or ramen noodles in a pinch)
- 1/4 c
- rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp
- tahini sesame paste (or peanut butter)
- 3 Tbsp
- soy sauce good quality
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- sesame seed oil
- sesame seeds to taste (about 1 tablespoon or more)
- green onions, sliced (or chives)
- pea pods cut diagonally
- shredded carrots
- cucumbers, sliced thin
- red sweet peppers
- any vegetable to suit you!
- meat if you want
ANY VEGETABLES YOU WANT: IDEAS:
How to Make Cold Oriental noodle Salad pancit canton
- 1Bring a large pot of water to boil.
Boil noodles until cooked. (about 4 minutes for the canton noodles. (You could even use ramen noodles, cook about 3 minutes) Do not over cook the noodles!
Rinse immediately with cold water to stop the cooking process. Get the noodles cold!
- 2Mix all sauce ingredients together.
Combine noodles and sauce and toss very well to coat all noodles. They will absorb the sauce.
- 3Now add any vegetable to your liking. I like cucumber,carrot,pea pods and chives. But really, anything will work!
Top with sesame seeds ( I used plum sesame seeds, but any will do)
- 4This stays so well on the buffet table! Lasts the whole party long. And it is something different to bring to your next gathering. Inexpensive as well, and serves quite a few!
Left overs are great the next day. I didnt have leftovers, so I whipped up a batch for home and the next day it is still wonderful.