- summer squash
- onions, vidalia, peeled and chopped
- soy sauce, sprinkle on top)
- salt and pepper (for taste)
- garlic powder (for taste)
- 1/4-1/2 c
- shredded parmesan cheese (not grated)
- water, small amount on bottom about 1/8 inch
- olive oil or canola oil (drizzle a small amount)
**PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES**
How to Make Chuck's Baked Squash
- 1Take large baking dish and spray with non stick spray.
- 2Wash squash and pat dry. Slice length ways in half. Score the flesh side with a fork. Place skin side down in pan.
- 3place chopped onion onto each squash. (the amount you put is your preference. I put a lot because I love onion). Season each piece with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Drizzle each piece with soy sauce and you can lightly drizzle a little olive oil or canola oil over each squash.
- 4Sprinkle shredded Parmesan cheese over each squash.
- 5Place a little water on bottom of pan (to help steam the squash). Cover the pan with foil. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour at 400*. Remove foil and broil until squash brown a little on top.