Cheesy Rice & Peppers with Steamed Broccoli
Rose Mary Mogan
Mainly because it was quick and it was made with ingredients I had on hand at the time.
It is quite tasty and so simple and easy to make. It makes an impressive presentation when brought to the dinner table, and a great way to encourage the kids to eat their veggies.
You can use other veggies that you may like as well like green beans, or cherry or grape tomato, asparagus spears cut up, possibilities are limited only by your imagination, try other chesses also or a combination of several varities.
- mini colored sweet peppers cut into rings or chopped extra for garnish
- 1 medium
- red onion chopped
- 1 bunch
- green onions chopped (extra for garnish if desired)
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 8 oz
- fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp
- coconut or canola oil
- 2 tsp
- lemon pepper (no salt added)
- 1 tsp
- salt (optional or to taste)
- 4 c
- minute rice cooked according to directions on box
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 c
- finely shredded cheddar cheese (extra for garnish)
- 1 lb
- fresh steamed broccoli
Please Note: You can add cooked boneless chicken to this dish and it becomes a complete meal.