20 ozfrozen broccoli florets
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
1 tspeach of salt and ground pepper
1 to 2 csharp cheddar cheese, grated
1-1/2 critz crackers, crumbled
1/2 stickbutter, softened
How to Make BROCCOLI CASSEROLE (SALLYE)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
Crumble ritz crackers either in food processor or with mortar and pestle.
Add butter to cracker crumbs and set aside.
- Place broccoli in microwave safe bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Cover with paper plate or towel and cook on high for 5 minutes
- Whisk together the salt and pepper, grated cheese, mayonnaise, milk and can of mushroom soup (undiluted) in a separate bowl
Pour over broccoli and stir with wooden spoon until well blended, breaking up florets into small pieces.
- Grease 9x13 baking dish and pour broccoli mixture into it.
Spread mixture evenly over bottom of dish with spatula
- Sprinkle buttered cracker crumbs over top of broccoli mix and pat down evenly
- Cook in 350º oven for 45-60 minutes.
Test for doneness by inserting clean knife into middle of dish. It if comes out clean, the dish is ready.