- 20 oz
- frozen broccoli florets
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 c
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1 tsp
- each of salt and ground pepper
- 1 to 2 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1-1/2 c
- ritz crackers, crumbled
- 1/2 stick
- butter, softened
How to Make BROCCOLI CASSEROLE (SALLYE)
- 1Preheat oven to 350º.
Crumble ritz crackers either in food processor or with mortar and pestle.
Add butter to cracker crumbs and set aside.
- 2Place broccoli in microwave safe bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Cover with paper plate or towel and cook on high for 5 minutes
- 3Whisk together the salt and pepper, grated cheese, mayonnaise, milk and can of mushroom soup (undiluted) in a separate bowl
Pour over broccoli and stir with wooden spoon until well blended, breaking up florets into small pieces.
- 4Grease 9x13 baking dish and pour broccoli mixture into it.
Spread mixture evenly over bottom of dish with spatula
- 5Sprinkle buttered cracker crumbs over top of broccoli mix and pat down evenly
- 6Cook in 350º oven for 45-60 minutes.
Test for doneness by inserting clean knife into middle of dish. It if comes out clean, the dish is ready.