Asparagus with White Sauce
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbfresh asparagus
1 cmilk, warm
2 sliceamerican cheese
How to Make Asparagus with White Sauce
- Place water in bottom of steamer and bring to a boil.
- While water is heating, trim tough ends off the asparagus stalks. If the asparagus is tough peel them slightly.
- Place asparagus in top of steamer. Steam them 5 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- While it is steaming, Melt butter and shortening in a small skillet.
- Sprinkle with the flour, stirring constantly until mixed.
- Slowly add warm milk stirring constantly. Add the cheese and keep stirring until cheese is melted.
- Place asparagus on serving plate, pour sauce over it. Serve immediately.