Asparagus with Horseradish Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 lb
- fresh asparagus
- 2-3 Tbsp
- mixed fresh herbs (fresh!) (i used fresh chives from our garden but i think that dill or tarragon would be good, too!)
- hard-boiled egg
- 2 Tbsp
- freshly grated horseradish
- 1 medium
- shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 c
- champagne vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- freshly cracked black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1/3 c
- olive oil or similar oil (greatly reduced from 1 cup but add more if desired)
How to Make Asparagus with Horseradish Vinaigrette
- 1Note: The original recipe calls for boiling the asparagus which you can do. However, I much prefer either lightly steaming, pan/outdoor grilling or roasting asparagus for superior taste and texture.
- 2In a small glass bowl whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Best if the vinaigrette is prepared 1 hour in advance.
- 3Once you have cooked the asparagus now arrange the spears on a serving platter.
- 4Pour the vinaigrette evenly over the asparagus.
- 5Sprinkle the chopped herb(s) over the asparagus and garnish with the hard boiled egg.
Serve warm or at room temperature.