Asparagus with Horseradish Vinaigrette
1 1/2 lbfresh asparagus
2-3 Tbspmixed fresh herbs (fresh!) (i used fresh chives from our garden but i think that dill or tarragon would be good, too!)
2 Tbspfreshly grated horseradish
1 mediumshallot, peeled and finely chopped
1/4 cchampagne vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
·freshly cracked black pepper
·salt, to taste
1/3 colive oil or similar oil (greatly reduced from 1 cup but add more if desired)
How to Make Asparagus with Horseradish Vinaigrette
- Note: The original recipe calls for boiling the asparagus which you can do. However, I much prefer either lightly steaming, pan/outdoor grilling or roasting asparagus for superior taste and texture.
- In a small glass bowl whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Best if the vinaigrette is prepared 1 hour in advance.
- Once you have cooked the asparagus now arrange the spears on a serving platter.
- Pour the vinaigrette evenly over the asparagus.
- Sprinkle the chopped herb(s) over the asparagus and garnish with the hard boiled egg.
Serve warm or at room temperature.