- 1 lb
- fresh asparagus
- 2 c
- fresh parsley (leaves only)
- 3 TO 5 medium
- green onions
- 1/2 c
- fresh dill sprigs
- anchovy fillets, drained
- 3 clove
- 1 Tbsp
- capers, drained
- 6 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 c
- olive oil
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 2 large
- hard boiled eggs
How to Make ASPARAGUS WITH GREEN SAUCE (SALLYE)
Snap off the tough bottoms, and peel the stalks half the way up with a swivel bladed vegetable peeler.
Bring a pot of water to a fast rolling boil
Gently add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook just a few minutes. Asparagus should be tender but still firm.
Drain and pat dry with paper towel
- 2MAKING THE SAUCE:
Finely chop hard boiled eggs and set aside.
- 3Place 1 teaspoon of olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add anchovies and quickly saute on both sides just to bring flavor out. Remove from heat.
- 4Remove stems from parsley before measuring.
Peel onions and cut into 2" lengths
Peel and cut garlic into halves
- 5Place parsley, onions, dill, anchovy, garlic, capers, and lemon juice in food processor.
Process until a smooth paste is formed
- 6While processor is still running, add the salt and pepper, and dribble the olive oil into mixture until well blended and you have a smooth, velvety sauce.
- 7Transfer to a serving boat and stir in the diced eggs.
- 8Let each diner pour the desired amount of sauce over their asparagus.