1 lbfresh asparagus
2 cfresh parsley (leaves only)
3 TO 5 mediumgreen onions
1/2 cfresh dill sprigs
3anchovy fillets, drained
1 Tbspcapers, drained
6 Tbspfresh lemon juice
3/4 colive oil
1 tspsea salt
1 tspground black pepper
2 largehard boiled eggs
How to Make ASPARAGUS WITH GREEN SAUCE (SALLYE)
Snap off the tough bottoms, and peel the stalks half the way up with a swivel bladed vegetable peeler.
Bring a pot of water to a fast rolling boil
Gently add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook just a few minutes. Asparagus should be tender but still firm.
Drain and pat dry with paper towel
- MAKING THE SAUCE:
Finely chop hard boiled eggs and set aside.
- Place 1 teaspoon of olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add anchovies and quickly saute on both sides just to bring flavor out. Remove from heat.
- Remove stems from parsley before measuring.
Peel onions and cut into 2" lengths
Peel and cut garlic into halves
- Place parsley, onions, dill, anchovy, garlic, capers, and lemon juice in food processor.
Process until a smooth paste is formed
- While processor is still running, add the salt and pepper, and dribble the olive oil into mixture until well blended and you have a smooth, velvety sauce.
- Transfer to a serving boat and stir in the diced eggs.
- Let each diner pour the desired amount of sauce over their asparagus.