Roasted Onion, Sausage and Mushroom Dressing
1 Loafroasted onion challah bread cubed
1 lbsweet sausage - not links
1 1/2 cmushrooms, sliced
1/3 cpine nuts browned
1/2 cbutter - divided 1/4 c and 1/4 c
1 csweet onion, diced
1 ccelery, diced
1 Tbsptruffle oil - black or white
1-2 dash(es)salt/pepper to taste
2 cturkey broth
How to Make Roasted Onion, Sausage and Mushroom Dressing
- In a large pan - brown and break up sausage until almost done - approximately 5 minutes
Remove and set aside
- Add mushrooms and brown; Remove and set aside
- Add butter and sweat onions and celery for 8 minutes and add sausage, mushrooms and nuts
- Place mixture in large bowl and toss in the bread cubes
- Place mixture in 9 x 12 inch pan, adding 2 C broth over all
- Drizzle remaining butter over top.
- Place pan in 350 degree oven just till brown and crispy on top - approximately 15 - 30 minutes.
- Enjoy as a side w/ Turkey! or alone - even cold when no one is watching!