HERBED SEASONED STUFFING
Rose Mary Mogan
It was a perfect side dish to go with the chicken. Adding chopped sautéed veggies and some left over corn bread, gave it just a hint of my Southern Roots in flavor with the addition of sage & a bit of Poultry seasoning.
Paired with Cranberry Sauce & frozen Green Beans it was a perfect weekday meal. My husband was happy and that always makes me happy.
It is a quick meal idea you can serve any time.
- 1 bag(s)
- pepperidge farms herb stuffing mix (14 ounces)
- 3 c
- crumbled corn bread (optional)
- 1 c
- chopped onions
- 1 c
- chopped celery
- 1/2-3/4 c
- chopped sweet peppers (assorted colors if desired)
- 1 tsp
- sage, dried
- 1 1/2 tsp
- poultry seasoning
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- 32 oz
- chicken broth (4 cups) or more if desired
- 1 stick
How to Make HERBED SEASONED STUFFING
- 1PLEASE NOTE: BECAUSE I ORIGINALLY HAD PLANNED TO MAKE THIS ON THE STOVE TOP, I DIDN'T ADD EGGS TO IT. BUT DECIDED AT THE LAST MINUTE TO THROW IT IN THE OVEN TO GET A LITTLE BROWNED AND CRUSTY ON TOP.
- 8Mix together till completely blended and pour into prepared casserole dish. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F. oven for 35 to 40 minutes until lightly browned and slightly crusty on top. NOTE because there are no eggs in this stuffing you could eat it as is. But we like it to be piping hot when it is served.