David's Iowa Sweet Corn Casserole
At this time we make fresh this corn casserole. You can use frozen corn or even canned corn (drained)
This casserole is so adaptable, change any ingredients you wish or add cubed chicken to make it a complete meal. Make it YOUR way! Nothing is right or wrong!!!! It's All Good.
- 2 c
- corn kernels, frozen, fresh or from the can
- 1 c
- mushroom pieces chopped
- broccoli florets
- 2 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1 medium
- velveeta cheese (some people use cheez whiz)
- 1 bag(s)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 2 medium
- onions chopped
- chicken cut into bite sized peices
- spinach, fresh or frozen in exchange for the brocolli
- colby cheese
- canned cream corn
- cheez whiz
OPTIONAL (THIS IS A VERY ADAPTABLE RECIPE)
How to Make David's Iowa Sweet Corn Casserole
- 1NOTE: Without actually making this recipe for posting, I've found some pictures from the net. I make this many different ways and now tow are the same. Sometimes I just use corn, rice and cream of mushroom soup. Others I add broccoli with extra mushrooms and chicken. Yes It's ALL GOOD! So please mix and match, make it your own! Share your favorite way to make this with others in the comment section.
In a large bowl (or in your baking dish) mix corn, rice, broccoli, cut up Velveeta, mushrooms and if you choose chicken cubes, onions etc.
Some like to use Cheez Whiz instead of Velveeta, or even use shredded cheddar or Colby instead) If so I would add the Cheez Whiz after this is mixed, along with the mushroom soup.
Use whatever rice you wish for this dish. White, yellow or brown rice. It's all good.