Corn Bread Dressing
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 pkgcornbread mix (jiffy or martha white is best)
1 pkgcroutons, garlic herb
1 lbspicy sausage
1 cdiced celery
1 1/2 cfinely diced shallots
1 stickbutter, room temperature
2 boxchicken broth
3 can(s)evaporated milk
6eggs, hard boiled
1 Tbsppoultry seasoning
1 tspsage, dried
·salt and pepper
How to Make Corn Bread Dressing
- Bake cornbread according to instructions on the package in a 9x13 pan the day before and let sit out, covered.
- Saute vegetables in butter until translucent. Set to side. This can be done the day before, too.
- Boil eggs. Peel and slice.
- Brown and crumble the sausage. Add vegetable mixture to the sausage.
- Crumble cornbread, add croutons, eggs and sausage mixture and blend.
- Slowly add equal parts of chicken broth and evaporated milk until the mixture is very moist. About the consistency of a very thick soup. Add seasonings to taste.
- Bake at 375 degrees until semi-firm in the center and crisp around the edges. About 45 minutes to an hour.