Baked Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
Recipe: Compliments of Everyday Dishes.
2heads of cauliflower, broker into florets
1/2 largeyellow onion, diced
1 clovegarlic, minced
1-1/2 csharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cparmesan grated
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Baked Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease an 8" x 8" (or 9" x 9") casserole dish generously with butter.
- Steam or boil your cauliflower until tender - about 6 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat - drain well so your cheese sauce does not get watered down. Then place cauliflower into your buttered casserole dish.
- Saute diced onions and minced garlic in butter over medium heat until onions are translucent (about 2 minutes). Add flour, whisk to combine, cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk until flour is dissolved. Stir in cheeses until melted, turn off heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour cheese sauce over cauliflower then bake 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving and enjoy!