Spinach Rice with a Kick Casserole
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/3 c
- long grain rice, uncooked
- 2/3 c
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 c
- fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 1 pkg
- frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 oz
- cubed cheese (original recipe used processed cheese/velveeta type)
How to Make Spinach Rice with a Kick Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Bring the rice and water to a boil in sauce pan. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Melt the butter in a large skillet and cook onion until tender. Stir in the cooked rice and spinach. Pour the soup mixture into the skillet, stir in and continue cooking until heated through. Mix in the cubed [processed] cheese and transfer to greased baking dish.
- 4Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.