Savory Strawberry Risotto
Anthony Nicometi Jr
1 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1/4of a sweet vadalia onion
1 1/4 carborio rice
1 1/2 cfresh strawberries
1/3 cstrawberry wine (brand by preference)
2 1/2 chot vegetable stock (you will use anywhere from 1 1/4c to 2 1/4c of it)
1/2 cfreshly grated parmesan
1 Tbspbalsamic reduction (if desired)
1/4 tspdried thyme (or 1/2t fresh thyme)
How to Make Savory Strawberry Risotto
- Heat 1T b of theutter and olive oil in a saucepan. Add the onions and sweat on a medium heat. Meanwhile, roughly chop HALF the strawberries but do not add just yet.
- Stir in the rice and coat each grain. Stir in the white wine and simmer until evaporated, then turn the heat to low.
- Add a ladle of stock (About 1/2 cup), stir and simmer for a minute or two, then stir in the roughly chopped strawberries. Gradually add the more and more stock, stirring all the time between additions, until a risotto consistency is formed.
- When the rice becomes al dente, add thyme and remove from the heat and stir in a the other 1T of butter and grated parmesan. Add salt to taste if desired
- Leave to rest for a minute. Quarter the remaining strawberries and scatter onto the risotto with some more grated parmesan, and a little balsamic vinegar if desired, and serve hot! and enjoy! :)