Rice w/ veggies in cheesy Tortilla shell
- 1/2 c
- yellow onions, chopped
- carrot, shredded
- 1 Tbsp
- kraft honey barbeque sauce
- 1 tsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 slice
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- mi-familia tortilla
- 1 c
- cooked rice
How to Make Rice w/ veggies in cheesy Tortilla shell
- 1Heat oven 450 F. Press tortilla in dry small cast iron skillet and bake for 7-10 min. Remove and plate placing shredded cheese in bottom. (This prevents shell from becoming soggy).
chop onion, cut broccoli crowns small, slice & shred just a little cheese, (otherwise the rice will be too sticky), and shred carrot. For saute.
- 2Remove tortilla shell to plate to cool. And shred small amt. of cheese into it.
Pour olive oil in skillet and saute onions, for approx. 5 min. then add carrot then saute for additional 3 min. then top with small broccoli flourets and place cheese to surround and turn heat off. Don't stir rice yet! Cover with lid for 3 min.
- 3Now Stir rice medley and place in Tortilla Crisp placing dollip of Barbeque Sauce in the center.
This method best for dipping raw Broccoli crowns for extra tastiness. Place a few Lettuce leaves around side of plate for presentation and Serve Up for a delicious & filling lunch. Is also great as a side for meat or fish.