1. Fry the bacon in the olive oil on MEDIUM heat until it is very crisp. Remove from the skillet and chop into small pieces (or crumble into small pieces). Set the bacon aside for now. A small amount of oil will remain in the pan, and you want this little amount.
Note: (you can use regular bacon, but remove most of the grease after cooking).
2. Turn heat up to high/medium high heat. (i used HIGH on an electric stovetop)
Add the onion and sautee JUST until it starts getting translucent.
3. Toss in the garlic and stir/heat for about 30 seconds.
4. Push onions and garlic to the outsides of the pan and pour in the beaten eggs. Scramble them up and chop with the spatula into small portions.
5. Add in the cold rice and peas, stirring around in the pan JUST until the rice gets warm and you start seeing some browning on the onions and rice.
6. Sprinkle on the packet of Kikkoman's seasoning and coat on all sides.
7. Remove from heat source immediately so that the rice won't continue to cook.
I use the seasoning packet, even though I could create that taste without it, however, adding soy sauce and other ingredients will add moisture to the rice mix, and that's what I wanted to avoid.