Dad's Asparagus Risotto
1onion, medium, chopped
1/4lb mushroom, sliced
1garlic clove, finely minced
2tablespoons olive oil
2cups arborio rice,
1teaspoon white pepper
31/2cups chicken broth
1/2cup dry white wine
1/2lb asparagus, fresh
1/3cup parmesan cheese, ground
How to Make Dad's Asparagus Risotto
- Using a 3 quart dish, combine onion, mushrooms, garlic, oil and butter.
- Cover and place in microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, broth, wine, turmeric and a pinch of saffron.
- Cover again and microwave on high for 15 minutes.
- Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- Next, stir rice mixture and microwave on high uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Now with a fork toss the asparagus into the rice.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes more.
- Remove the rice from the microwave and let stand (covered), for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese with fork and season with salt and pepper.