Dad's Asparagus Risotto
- onion, medium, chopped
- lb mushroom, sliced
- garlic clove, finely minced
- tablespoons butter
- tablespoons olive oil
- cups arborio rice,
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon white pepper
- cups chicken broth
- cup dry white wine
- teaspoon turmeric
- lb asparagus, fresh
- cup parmesan cheese, ground
How to Make Dad's Asparagus Risotto
- 1Using a 3 quart dish, combine onion, mushrooms, garlic, oil and butter.
- 2Cover and place in microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in rice, broth, wine, turmeric and a pinch of saffron.
- 4Cover again and microwave on high for 15 minutes.
- 5Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- 6Next, stir rice mixture and microwave on high uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 7Now with a fork toss the asparagus into the rice.
- 8Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes more.
- 9Remove the rice from the microwave and let stand (covered), for 5 minutes.
- 10Stir in the Parmesan cheese with fork and season with salt and pepper.