How to Make Supreme Mashed Potatoes
- 1Combine potatoes and carrots in a large pot and fill with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes.
- 2Add garlic and reduce heat to simmer until potatoes and carrots are tender, about 35 minutes.
- 3Drain and keep 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- 4Mash the potatoes and carrots with a hand masher.
- 5Combine chicken broth and butter in a small pan; heat over medium heat until the butter melts.
- 6Slowly stir broth mixture into the mashed potatoes and carrots.
- 7If necessary, add the reserved cooking liquid until the potatoes reach the desired thickness.
Server while hot.