6 mediumpotatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
2 largecarrots, peeled and chopped
3-4 clovegarlic, finely chopped
1/2 clow sodium chicken broth
How to Make Supreme Mashed Potatoes
- Combine potatoes and carrots in a large pot and fill with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and reduce heat to simmer until potatoes and carrots are tender, about 35 minutes.
- Drain and keep 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Mash the potatoes and carrots with a hand masher.
- Combine chicken broth and butter in a small pan; heat over medium heat until the butter melts.
- Slowly stir broth mixture into the mashed potatoes and carrots.
- If necessary, add the reserved cooking liquid until the potatoes reach the desired thickness.
Server while hot.