Stuffed Potatoes, Iris
6 largerusset potatoes
1/2 lbitalian pork sausage
1 mediumsweet onion, sliced
1 ptmushroom , sliced
1/2 mediumred bell pepper, sliced
1/2 mediumgreen bell pepper, sliced
1/2 lbitalian beef, sliced thin
115 oz container good quality au jus
6 sliceprovolone cheese, halved
2 Tbspitalian seasoning
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Stuffed Potatoes, Iris
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, scrub potatoes well and pat dry. Rub potatoes with olive oil and wrap individually in foil. Bake 1 hour.
- In a skillet brown italian sausages well. Drain and set aside.
- In a little of the reserved liquid, sauté onions, peppers, and mushrooms until just softened. Add the sliced beef, cut off heat and set aside.
- After potatoes are done and cooled,care fully scoop out potatoes, leaving about a 1/4" of flesh so skins don't collapse.
- Mix half of the scooped out flesh with meat and veggies in a mixing bowl, mix gently, so veggies and meat don't break down too much.
- Mound mixture into your skins, and top each with a sliced of cheese, run under broiler until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.