- 5 Tbsp
- 2 clove
- garlic mashed into a paste with some salt
- 6 large
- potatoes sliced 1/8" thick (about 2 1/2 lbs)
- 2 c
- half and half
- 1 c
- gruyere cheese
- ground pepper and salt
- fresh nutmeg
How to Make Potato Gratin
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
Butter baking dish with 1 T butter.
- 2Combine garlic paste, potatoes, half and half, 4T b utter, salt and pepper. Grate in nutmeg.
Bring to a boil over med-hi heat.
- 3Cook 8-10 minutes until potatoes are a little tender and mixture thickens.
- 4Pour in prepared dish. Cover with gruyere and bake until golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.