This had me drooling and I can't wait to try it..Enjoy!
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, divided
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, divided
- 2 medium
- onions, cut in 1/2 and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 c
- dark stout beer
- 1 tsp
- sherry vinegar
- 3 lb
- or 6 large red potatoes unpeeled and thinly sliced using a mandolin
- 1 bunch
- fresh sage, finely chopped
- 6 oz
- shredded aged gouda cheese(3 yrs)
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- maldon flake salt, to finish
How to Make Potato Galette
- 3Lay the potato slices on a paper-towel lined baking sheet to air dry.
In a small skillet, heat the remaining 2 Tablespoons butter and olive oil over medium heat. Arrange potato slices in one layer on the bottom, overlapping, starting with the outside ring and working your way to the inside until the bottom is completely covered. Drizzle about 2 Tablespoons of the cream and butter mixture over the potatoes.Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Spread a layer of caramelized onions (use 1/4 of the onions) over first layer of potatoes. Sprinkle with a 1/4 each of the cheese and the sage. Repeat, building layers of potatoes, onions, cheese and herbs until everything is gone. The top layer should be potatoes; brush it with the remaining cream and butter mixture.
- 6Turn broiler to high. Broil the potaotes for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the top is golden and crispy. Remove and top with a sprinkling of crunchy Maldon flake salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Use a spatula or spoon to loosen the galette from the pan. Slide it onto a cutting board to cut OR serve straight from the skillet.