Old Fashioned Candied Sweet Potatoes
Diane Hopson Smith
Hope you enjoy!
- 4 to 6
- sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 c
- 1 stick
- butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp
- nutmeg (nutmeg is strong and you don't really need a lot)
- 1 tsp
How to Make Old Fashioned Candied Sweet Potatoes
- 1In a large (cast iron) skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Add sliced potatoes to butter and toss to coat.
- 3Mix sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt; add to potatoes. Toss to coat.
- 4Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour (covered), stirring occasionally until potatoes are fork tender.