Mashed potatoes with turnips-Connie's
- large turnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped onions
- 2 Tbsp
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- white pepper (black pepper will do in a pinch)
How to Make Mashed potatoes with turnips-Connie's
- 1Cook turnips, covered, in small amount of boiling salted water for 10 minutes.
- 2Add potatoes and onion and cook until veggies are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- 3Drain well.
- 4Mash veggies with butter, salt and pepper.
- 5Taste and add more seasoning if desired.
- 6Serve hot.
- 7Note: Chill leftover mixture. Shape into 2 1/2 inch patties, using 1/3 cup each. Coat patties with fine dry bread crumbs. Cook patties in butter until lightly brown on both sides, about 4 minutes each side. Almost as good as the original recipe:)