Mashed potatoes with turnips-Connie's
2large turnips, peeled and cut into chunks
4large potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/2 cfinely chopped onions
1/8 tspwhite pepper (black pepper will do in a pinch)
How to Make Mashed potatoes with turnips-Connie's
- Cook turnips, covered, in small amount of boiling salted water for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and onion and cook until veggies are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Mash veggies with butter, salt and pepper.
- Taste and add more seasoning if desired.
- Serve hot.
- Note: Chill leftover mixture. Shape into 2 1/2 inch patties, using 1/3 cup each. Coat patties with fine dry bread crumbs. Cook patties in butter until lightly brown on both sides, about 4 minutes each side. Almost as good as the original recipe:)