Lemon & Lime Roasted Red Potatoes
Please note: *The AMOUNT of cayenne pepper used is optional.
- large red potatoes, peeled and halved
- large sweet onion, cut into 2-inch wedges
- garlic cloves, minced
- large shallots, thinly sliced
- teaspoons dried sweet basil leaves
- teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 1/2
- teaspoons coarse sea salt
- teaspoon cayenne pepper
- cup dry white wine
- large lemon, juice of
- lime, juice of
- 1 - 2
- cup water
- cup olive oil
How to Make Lemon & Lime Roasted Red Potatoes
- 1Peel and halve potatoes, cut sweet onion into wedges, mince garlic and slice shallots.
- 2Mix potatoes, onion, garlic, shallots, dried basil, coriander, sea salt and cayenne pepper together.
- 3Mix well and add to glass pan.
- 4Juice 1 lemon and 1/2 of a lime, add to water, slowly mix in olive oil.
- 5Next add the white wine to the liquid mixture.
- 6Pour liquid mixture over potatoes, cover and marinate in fridge for 30 minutes.
- 7Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 80 minutes.
- 8Turn potatoes frequently while cooking to keep from burning.
- 9If potatoes start to dry out too quickly add more water as required.
- 10The potatoes are ready when they are fork tender and crispy.