How to Make Italian Potatoes
- 1In a large baking dish, cut up spuds in uniform slices, about 1/8" thick.
- 2Lay them in around in layers so most of each is exposed.
- 3Put the butter in and around the spuds on the top layer.
- 4Shake and pour the bottle over the spuds. Cover with foil and bake 1 hour. Before serving, insert a sharp knife into the foil center and "test" the spuds to make sure they are soft and done. If they need a bit more time, leave the foil on and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- 5Optional Additions: Real bacon bits or pieces broken up, diced ham during the bake, and Parmason cheese when it's done.