1 mediumwhite onion
1 mediumgreen bell pepper
1 mediumred bell pepper
1 tspground black pepper
1 tspgarlic powder (optional)
1/4 cbeef broth
4 Tbspcooking oil (i use olive)
How to Make POTATOES O'BRIEN (SALLYE)
- Cut peppers in half and remove core, seeds and membranes.
Finely dice all items.
NOTE: TO SAVE TIME YOU CAN DO THIS IN FOOD PROCESSOR.
- Peel potatoes and cut into bite size cubes.
Place in microwave safe bowl.
- Add beef broth, salt, pepper and garlic powder to potatoes and mix with wooden spoon until evenly coated.
Place in microwave and cover with paper towel or paper plate.
Cook for 7-10 minutes until potatoes are still firm, but beginning to soften (if that makes sense)
Remove from microwave and set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into heavy skillet (I use cast iron) and turn heat to medium high.
When oil is hot, add onions and pepper to skillet and cook until vegetable just begin to soften but not brown.
Stir often to keep from burning.
- Pour partially cooked potatoes into skillet and stir with wooden spoon to blend in with vegetables.
Add more oil a tablespoon at time if needed to thoroughly coat potatoes. Do not over saturate or they will be greasy (yuk).
- Cook until potatoes are lightly browned, stirring often to avoid burning.
- This is a good side dish to serve with just about any kind of roast or chops.
Serve immediately and Enjoy.