Good Old Fashioned Mashed Potatoes
How to Make Good Old Fashioned Mashed Potatoes
- 1Pill potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- 2Completely cover potatoes with hot water add 1 tablespoon salt to the water and bring to a full boil, reduce heat till slow boil
- 3Cook until fork tender, about 15 minutes; drain.
- 4Put back in pan and reduce heat to just a simmer and simmer off excess water, one or two minutes shaking to not scorch.
- 5Add ¼ stick butter, pepper and mash with potato masher add more salt if needed.
- 6Place back on heat and stir with a fork slowly add milk and stir to consistency you desire.
- 7Whip with fork till fluffy spoon into serving bowl place tabs of butter on top while steaming hot and serve.