Good Old Fashioned Mashed Potatoes
How to Make Good Old Fashioned Mashed Potatoes
- Pill potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Completely cover potatoes with hot water add 1 tablespoon salt to the water and bring to a full boil, reduce heat till slow boil
- Cook until fork tender, about 15 minutes; drain.
- Put back in pan and reduce heat to just a simmer and simmer off excess water, one or two minutes shaking to not scorch.
- Add ¼ stick butter, pepper and mash with potato masher add more salt if needed.
- Place back on heat and stir with a fork slowly add milk and stir to consistency you desire.
- Whip with fork till fluffy spoon into serving bowl place tabs of butter on top while steaming hot and serve.