DELIGHTFUL YU GOLDEN POTATO MASH
Rose Mary Mogan
I only had about 2 pounds of Yukon Gold potatoes, not really enough for dinner, so I decided to make them healthier by adding sweet potatoes to them, and not only did they create this beautiful golden hue, but they tasted amazingly good as well.
I added fiber to an otherwise fiber less side dish, and they tasted super. There are about 5 grams per 1 cup serving.
Give them a try and see if you don't agree. SIMPLE & EASY
- 2 lb
- yukon gold potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1 lb
- sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1/3 c
- can't beleive it is not butter spread (about 5 tbs.)
- 1/2 tsp
- salt or to taste
- 3/4 tsp
- coarse grated black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tsp
- granulated garlic or onion powder
How to Make DELIGHTFUL YU GOLDEN POTATO MASH
- 1Wash peel and cube potatoes. If you stay within the suggested guidelineS of only eating a 1/2 cup of potatoes that would be about 111 calories, and only 106 Mg of sodium. Of course if you eat 1 cup or more then you can double those numbers, and the carbs sky rocket to 42 grams for 1 cup. They are very good, but when you are watching what you eat YOU MUST BE MINDFUL OF PORTION SIZE.