Country Fried Potato Veggie Medley
Cheryl Croce Culver
It's Pan Fried Country style potatoes blended with Veggies and smothered in a White Gravy. mmm
it's what the soul needs every now and then and it's so good with sausages or country style meats
Enjoy Good Food!!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I just loved this new breakfast side. A good way to start your day with some veggies. I tasted this before I added my gravy and it was dee-lish. Of course, gravy ALWAYS makes it better!
Need a quick white gravy recipe?
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon black pepper
Up to 4 cups of milk
Make a roux with the butter and flour. Add milk gradually until you reach your desired thickness. Add black pepper before serving. The Test Kitchen
- 6 medium
- potatoes your choice, diced and peeled if you prefer
- 2 medium
- zucchini sliced and diced
- 2 medium
- yellow squash diced
- 1 large
- onion your choice, diced
- 1 large
- jalapenos, fresh diced
- salt and pepper how you like
- garlic powder how you like
- 1 tsp
- salt free all seasoning spice
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Country Fried Potato Veggie Medley
- 1Get out a large skillet with a lid for this recipe.
- 2First wash your veggies. We like to leave the skin on most of the veggies, you can peel if you like or not. Some of ours are slightly peeled in this recipe today, and dice up everything.
- 3Heat your skillet up with your olive oil and get it nice and hot.
- 4Once oil is hot, throw in all your veggies, in the skillet and brown nicely about 10 minutes or so, add seasonings now.
- 5Once everything has a nice browned look put the lid on the skillet and let it cook about 20 minutes, this all depends on how small your veggies are diced, larger cooks a little longer, also your stove temperatures can vary on heat quality so it's hard to say exactly. We like ours a little nice brown and tasty.
- 6This is so good served with white country style gravy over it.