Country Fried Potato Veggie Medley
Cheryl Croce Culver
It's Pan Fried Country style potatoes blended with Veggies and smothered in a White Gravy. mmm
it's what the soul needs every now and then and it's so good with sausages or country style meats
Enjoy Good Food!!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I just loved this new breakfast side. A good way to start your day with some veggies. I tasted this before I added my gravy and it was dee-lish. Of course, gravy ALWAYS makes it better!
Need a quick white gravy recipe?
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon black pepper
Up to 4 cups of milk
Make a roux with the butter and flour. Add milk gradually until you reach your desired thickness. Add black pepper before serving. The Test Kitchen
6 mediumpotatoes your choice, diced and peeled if you prefer
2 mediumzucchini sliced and diced
2 mediumyellow squash diced
1 largeonion your choice, diced
1 largejalapenos, fresh diced
dash(es)salt and pepper how you like
dash(es)garlic powder how you like
1 tspsalt free all seasoning spice
4 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Country Fried Potato Veggie Medley
- Get out a large skillet with a lid for this recipe.
- First wash your veggies. We like to leave the skin on most of the veggies, you can peel if you like or not. Some of ours are slightly peeled in this recipe today, and dice up everything.
- Heat your skillet up with your olive oil and get it nice and hot.
- Once oil is hot, throw in all your veggies, in the skillet and brown nicely about 10 minutes or so, add seasonings now.
- Once everything has a nice browned look put the lid on the skillet and let it cook about 20 minutes, this all depends on how small your veggies are diced, larger cooks a little longer, also your stove temperatures can vary on heat quality so it's hard to say exactly. We like ours a little nice brown and tasty.
- This is so good served with white country style gravy over it.