Cheddary Goodness Mashed Potatoes
Each week, I think of it like a game show... "Here is your secret ingredient!" and it's my job to figure out what to do with bags full of gorgeous farm fresh produce.
This past week, my cooking challenge has been POTATOES... LOTS AND LOTS OF POTATOES!
These are a wonderful change from ordinary mashed potatoes and so quick and easy with on-hand ingredients.
This recipe was found in a local church cookbook.
- large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- cup shredded cheddar, plus additional to garnish
- cup sour cream, do not use light
- cup finely chopped onion
- large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2-2
- tsp. salt, to taste
- tsp. pepper
- chopped chives or green onion tops to garnish
How to Make Cheddary Goodness Mashed Potatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place potatoes in a large sauce pan. Cover with water and boil until very tender, about 20-25 minutes. Drain.
- 3In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, onion, egg, salt and pepper. Beat until fluffy. Transfer to a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- 4Cover tightly and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven.
- 5To Serve: I like to scoop individual servings into ramekins and top with additional cheddar cheese and chopped chives or chopped green onion tops.