Bacon & Onion Foil Wrapped Baked Homefries
The original recipe called for 1 packet of onion soup powder & grated cheese which was optional. I added bell pepper, garlic, mushroom, parsley and paprikal.
Cook on the grill or in the oven!
My son and I both loved this recipe!
- 4 large
- new red potatoes, peeled and sliced not too thin and not too thick
- 1 small
- sweet onion, sliced thin and diced
- 6-10 slice
- bacon, cooked lightly crisp and diced
- 2 sprig(s)
- curly parsley, minced
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced fine
- 1/4 c
- bell pepper, diced
- 2 - 3 medium
- baby portabella mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp
- salt and pepper to taste (i use fresh ground pepper)
- 3 - 5
- shakes of paprika (i use hungarian paprika)
- 2 - 3 sheet(s)
- aluminum foil
How to Make Bacon & Onion Foil Wrapped Baked Homefries
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Lay a layer of aluminum foil in the bottom of roasting pan.
Cook your bacon until lightly crisped.
Place bacon on paper to drain excess grease while preparing the remainder.
- 2Using bacon grease from pan and using paper towel, lightly coat the aluminum foil with the grease to help prevent sticking.
- 3Put in the foil your sliced potatoes, diced onion, parsley and garlic.
Add 1/2 of the bacon and gently toss to mix well.
Salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle the paprika.. gently toss to mix well again.
Top with remaining bacon.
Top with slices of butter.
- 4Take the additional piece(s) of aluminum foil placing on the top of the mixture and sealing edges to bottom layer.
- 5Bake in oven at 350 Degrees for 35 minutes.
Remove foil to brown lightly for about 20 minutes.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Chef's Note: If cooking on the grill, bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until done.
Can top with green onion, cheese, or mix grated sharp cheese into it during the cooking process.