World Food orzo
Wow the results were spectacular!
This is going to be one of my new go to's.
2 Tbspextra virgin olive olive oil, use the good stuff and this is divided
1 smallshallot, diced
2 clovegarlic, minced
5 ozshitake mushrooms
1 Tbspcapers, more if you like
1 Tbspfresh squeezed lemon juice
5 ozcherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 tspeach salt and pepper
1/2 cchardonnay wine
1/2 cthinly sliced pecorino romano cheese
1 Tbspfresh rosemary, chopped or leave out
1 cuncooked orzo
How to Make World Food orzo
- Bring 2 quarts of water to boil and add 2 tablespoons salt.
- Add orzo and cook until aldente, about 8 minutes, do not overcook.
- Drain well and do not rinse.
- In a large saucier melt the butter in 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute the shallots until starting to soften, add the garlic and cook a minute more.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until softened then add capers, lemon juice, tomatoes, rosemary,salt and pepper, wine.
- Cook until wine reduces down a little, add in the orzo, drizzle reserved olive oil over and toss with the pecorino roman cheese.