Southern Deviled Eggs
- jumbo eggs
- 2/3 c
- well rounded tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
- cap full (from the bottle) apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp
- sweet pickle relish
- 2 Tbsp
- plus 1 tsps. sweet pickle vinegar
- 3 dash(es)
How to Make Southern Deviled Eggs
- 1Place eggs in a Dutch oven and cover with cold water. Add about a tablespoon of baking soda in with the eggs. (It helps the eggs peel better.) Turn on heat under pan and watch until water comes to a boil. Set timer for 10 minutes. Take eggs off of heat, pour boiling water into sink and run cold water over the eggs. Peel eggs as soon as they are cool enough to the touch.
- 2Slice peeled eggs lengthwise and scoop yolks into a medium bowl. Mash yolks with a fork until no lumps remain.
- 3Add all of the next ingredients and mix well. Take a large ziplock bag, fold the sides down and remove the mixture to a corner of the bag. Cut a small opening in that corner of the bag and use as a piping tool to fill eggs.
- 4NOTE: Make these the day before you need them as they taste even better after being in the fridge overnight.