- 1 1/2 c
- tomato sauce, italian seasoned
- red onion
- bell pepper, diced
- segments of a garlic head
- 1 Tbsp
- oregano, dried
- pepperoni sliced thin
- 1 c
- sausage, thoroughly cooked
- fresh tomato sliced
- round of pizza dough ( usually best if purchased from pizzarea)
- 2 c
- shredded cheeses ( i combine mozzarella, cheddar, & monterey jack)
- 1/2 can(s)
- black olives sliced
How to Make Homestyle Pizza
- 1Purchase some Pizza dough from your favorite Pizzaria.
Preheat oven at 400 F.
Knead and dust your surface area for rolling dough thinly dusting rolling pin (utensil) dust w/ all- purpose flour, throughout the flattening process.
When thin lift gently folding in half then filling pie plate or baking pan and bake for 5-7 min. On 450 F.
Remove and fill with a layer of shredded cheese.
- 2Make a sauce of tomato sauce, purée or paste, adding more oregano & garlic segments pressed added as sauce comes to a boil, then turn off heat. Place tbsps. Of Sauce onto slightly baked & cheesy crust. (This prevents crust from becoming soggy).
Add diced red, green, or yellow bell peppers, sliced mushrooms, olives, onions (red are best)' pepperoni, sausage. Add tomato sliced thinly as divided segments.
- 3Top w/ more cheese and bake approx. 20 minutes until golden brown.
Serve proudly while hot!
Tip: After heat is turned off, For a crispier crust set fully cooked pizza on rack while oven is still hot an additional 5-10 min. If needed.
(I reheat mine this way.)