Crispy Baked Polenta Fries
Janice Joy Miller
- 1 1/2 c
- polenta cooked as per packet instructions (i cooked in mine 1:1 water to stock ratio)
- 3/4 c
- parmesan cheese
- rosemary to season for baking and to serve
- olive oil, extra virgin
- salt and pepper
- baking paper
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp
- smoked paprika
How to Make Crispy Baked Polenta Fries
- 1Once polenta is cooked and cooled, pour into a lightly greased baking paper lined tray. Pour evenly over the base of the tray and smooth with a knife.
- 2Place in the fridge for a minimum 45 minutes or up to 4 hours to solidify.
- 3Once polenta has set, remove from fridge and using a sharp knife, cut lengthways into 2cm strips/chips.
Line chips on a baking tray and lightly brush/coat with olive oil. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper and bake in the oven at 380 deg f for 20 minutes or until crispy and lightly browned.
- 5Remove and sprinkle with the parmesan and extra herbs and salt if required.
- 6Serve with paprika dijonaise (just mix ingredients together and done) and enjoy!