Crispy Baked Polenta Fries
Janice Joy Miller
1 1/2 cpolenta cooked as per packet instructions (i cooked in mine 1:1 water to stock ratio)
3/4 cparmesan cheese
·rosemary to season for baking and to serve
·olive oil, extra virgin
·salt and pepper
1 tspdijon mustard
3/4 tspsmoked paprika
How to Make Crispy Baked Polenta Fries
- Once polenta is cooked and cooled, pour into a lightly greased baking paper lined tray. Pour evenly over the base of the tray and smooth with a knife.
- Place in the fridge for a minimum 45 minutes or up to 4 hours to solidify.
- Once polenta has set, remove from fridge and using a sharp knife, cut lengthways into 2cm strips/chips.
Line chips on a baking tray and lightly brush/coat with olive oil. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper and bake in the oven at 380 deg f for 20 minutes or until crispy and lightly browned.
- Remove and sprinkle with the parmesan and extra herbs and salt if required.
- Serve with paprika dijonaise (just mix ingredients together and done) and enjoy!