Sweet Potato Casserole with Topping
When tragedy, heartache, and sorrow abound, When evil appears to have conquered the right, We center our heart on our Father's great love, For He will bring hope in the darkest of night. From "Our Daily Bread".
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 cbaked, peeled, & mashed sweet potatoes
3/4 cgranulated sugar
2eggs, lightly beaten
1 tspvanilla extract
2/3 clight brown sugar
1 cchopped pecans, (i use 2 cups)
How to Make Sweet Potato Casserole with Topping
- Combine the cooked potatoes, sugar, eggs, vanilla and milk and pour into an oven safe dish (I use a 9x13 inch dish).
- Topping: Cut the butter into the sugar and flour. Add the pecans and sprinkle over the top of the potato mixture.
- Bake on 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- NOTE: I wrap the potatoes in foil and then bake the potatoes in the same dish that I am making the casserole in (so there aren't two dishes to wash). We usually bake the potatoes the day before and then finish it the next day; or you can prepare the casserole the day before (without baking) and then the next day; remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before you are ready to bake and then bake for 30 minutes.
- NOTE: Moms recipe calls for 3 cups cooked potatoes; but we use 5 large potatoes (which is more than 3 cups). Also Moms original recipe calls for 1 cup pecans and we use 2 cups.