- 12 oz
- wide egg noodles
- 6 large
- 2 c
- sour cream
- 1 c
- cottage cheese
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp
- cinnamon and sugar for dusting
- nonstick cooking spray
How to Make SWEET KUGEL
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add the noodles, bring back to a boil and let them cook till tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and return to the pot.
- 2In a food processor or blender, mix together the eggs, sour cream, cottage cheese, cream cheese, sugar, melted butter, and salt. Pour the egg mixture over the cooked noodles in the pot and stir till well combined.
- 3Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the noodle mixture into the dish. Top the kugel by sprinkling generously with sugar and lightly with cinnamon. Or you can use your favorite topping: streusel, crushed graham crackers, cornflakes, etc.
- 4Bake the kugel in a preheated 350-degree oven on a center rack for about 60 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking, till the center of the kugel is set and the tips of the noodles turn golden brown.
- 5Remove from the oven. Let the kugel rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing. Kugel can be served warm or cold.
- 6NOTE: If you prefer a savory kugel, simply omit the sugar and the sweet toppings. Use buttered bread or cracker crumbs instead for topping.